Here are our Terms and Conditions:
- Scope: The following Terms and Conditions apply to the business relationship between Garuda Books (hereinafter “Seller”) and the Customer.
- Orders: You may browse through our selection at your leisure. When you discover something interesting, place the product in your virtual shopping cart. To do so, simply click on the “Add to cart” button that appears below the price. You can always remove items from your cart again at any time prior to placing the order. To initiate the ordering process, click on the cart icon in the upper right. The shopping cart will now display the title or titles that you have placed in the cart. You can now modify the quantities specified or remove items in the cart. When you click on the “Proceed to checkout” button, you will be asked to log in with your username and password or create a new account if you are a new customer. However, you can also place an order without registering. Then click on “Continue” to proceed, where you confirm that you have read and agree with our Terms and Conditions by clicking the checkbox. Clicking on “Place order and pay” brings you to step, which provides an overview of all the items in your shopping cart as well as any shipping costs that will be charged for your order. Prior to finalizing your order by clicking on “Place order and pay” you will be able to update your cart or remove items. Once you click “Place order and pay” your order will be placed and forwarded to us. By placing the order, you bindingly declare that you wish to purchase the goods.
- Contract concluded: By placing an order you are entering into a contract with Garuda Books Peter Eisenegger, Lindenweg 3, CH 6288 Schongau (Switzerland), +41 79647 93 60. You will immediately be notified of the receipt of your order with an email with the subject line “Your order confirmation…” The order confirmation is sent automatically and does not yet represent an acceptance of the order. Orders are considered accepted when payment and delivery have been effected. If we should not be able to accept a Customer’s order we will notify the Customer as soon as possible.
- Reservation of non-availability: We reserve the right not to fulfill an order in the event that the title ordered should no longer be in stock. In such case, we will advise you of the non-availability as soon as possible and immediately refund the purchase price if already paid.
- Shipping costs: The shipping costs correspond to the fee charged by the postal service. Handling is charged in exceptional instances only.
For small shipments without tracking Garuda Books remains liable until the shipment has been received. Where tracking is available for shipments, the liability of Garuda Books/Garuda Verlag for the shipment expires upon delivery to the post office.
Garuda Books/Garuda Verlag undertakes to provide appropriate and secure packaging. The sender is not responsible for documented shipments lost by the postal service.
- Payment: The purchase price is due and payable without deduction no later than upon receipt of the shipment to our bank account at Raiffeisenbank or Deutsche Bank or by PayPal or credit card.
- Right of ownership: Until payment in full has been made by the Customer, the delivered goods remain the property of the Seller
- Guarantee: The provisions of the law on liability for defects apply.
- Applicable law and jurisdiction: Swiss law applies to the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. If the Customer is a merchant or a legal entity under public law, the exclusive jurisdiction for all disputes arising from the contractual relationship is the court responsible for the registered office in Schongau.
- Condition of books: Books not identified as new can exhibit defects, but in all cases are complete. Any exceptions are expressly noted. Defects are reflected in the price, and in instances where they exceed normal wear and tear are noted as a rule.
- Prices: All prices are listed in Swiss francs.